Seeking Social Media and Video Empire Builder – Must Like Cake
Written by Kimberly MacArthur Graham on September 26, 2013
If you have a stellar video and social media portfolio, a super attitude, and excitement about plugging into the uniquely “hands-on” creative flow that powers a small agency – let’s talk.
Layer Cake Creative is a steadily growing marketing agency, and we’re ready to add a multi-faceted team member with the creative ideas, talent, and drive to help us direct and build our video and online service areas. You will need to wear multiple hats and pitch in on multiple projects. In return, we offer a supportive environment and pretty amazing amount of creative freedom, an awesomely appreciative clientele, and the best group of coworker-collaborators you’ll ever have. Not to mention a really cool, spacious office located in the Santa Fe Art District of Denver.
In addition to strong social media campaign development, video marketing, and knowledge of analytics and SEO, the ideal candidate will also have good understanding of coding best practices. You’ll also have a working knowledge of the spectrum of services we offer, as well as an enjoyment of marketing highly technical clients.
- 4-yr Bachelor’s degree (ideally, in a related field)
- Adept at using a PC and relevant software including Adobe Creative Suite Master Edition (esp. Premiere Pro & After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, & InDesign), Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.; plus social media scheduling and analytic tools
- Adept at navigating social media sites including Facebook, Linked In, etc.
- Adept at video filming and editing including cameras, lighting, microphones, and software, audio editing, and animation process
- Knowledge of video compression techniques for web and broadcast
- Understanding of analytics, SEO, and PPC – experience a plus
- Excellent people skills: flexible personality open to input from clients and coworkers
- Strong work ethic and willingness to pitch in as needed
- Ability to work on multiple projects, for several clients, at once
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Marketing education, training, or experience a plus
- Website coding and/or design a plus
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Social media campaign creation, development, implementation, and analysis
- Video creation, start to finish, including: storyboarding, input on scripting, animation, interviewing, filming, editing, inclusion of voice-over or audio track
- Internal marketing for social media, online presence, and video service areas
- Assistance with related project proposals and estimates as needed
- Assistance with related business development and sales
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation dependent on experience/skills
- 10 days Personal Time Off (PTO = vacation/sick time)
- 8 paid holidays
- Direct deposit
- Free parking
Please send a brief cover letter, resume, portfolio / demo reel, and a list of three professional references to Intelligence@GoLayerCake.com, and put “Empire Builder” in the subject line.
- Candidate must have own auto for client meetings and onsite work, and be physically able to manipulate typical video equipment including cameras, etc.
- This position does not include a relocation package.
- All candidates must be authorized to work in the US in a permanent full-time capacity